The owners of Grace Hospice have been involved with hospice and healthcare for over 30 years. Our hospice team has over 250 years of combined experience in end of life care. The team consists of chaplains, bereavement coordinators, home health aides, medical directors, registered nurses and social workers. If you would like to join our team of professionals please submit the attached application.
Questions? Please call our office: (816) 444-4611 Or (866) 878-4611. If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Employment interest Form.
At Grace Hospice we are dedicated to our highly educated and trained staff remaining current on their educational needs. We encourage our staff to become certified in hospice and palliative care. In-house hospice 101 training is provided as well as 8 hours of continuous education in relation to your field of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITIONS
please contact: Sheila Clevenger
Must be Missouri and Kansas certified, and able to work every weekend 8a-8p.
- Maintain current class A driver’s license without restriction or limitations.
- Maintain current full coverage auto insurance and provide proof of same to Grace Hospice.
- Maintain current BLS certification and renew as need.
- Professional mannerism and appearance required.
- Requires well developed interpersonal skills, the ability to function in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Certified Missouri and Kansas CNA. Kansas HHA or ability to obtain.
- Three to Six months of current experience as a Home Health Aide or Nurse’s Aide required, Hospice experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal skills.
- Ability to effectively read and write at GED level.
- Must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. transfer patients, bend, stoop and climb stairs.
- Must be clear of communicable diseases that could be passed on the immune-compromised patients/family members.
- Psychosocial Assessments, care plans and resource allocation for patients/families enrolled in hospice care.
- Complete documentation and place a copy on facility chart on same day of service.
- Share information with Grace Hospice staff regarding patient communities, resources available to patient/family/significant others which may contribute to the implementation of the POC.
- Requires graduation from a school accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education and social work licensure in Kansas.
- Master’s Degree preparation in Medical Social Work preferred.
- At least two (2) current years social work experience in a medical setting required.
- Must possess interpersonal skills allowing effective interaction with patients/families/significant others as well as all interdisciplinary caregivers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and management.
- Must possess proficient computer skills on programs such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook as well as proficient technology skills.