Our bereavement staff has experience in care giving, loss and grief counseling.
Grace Hospice Bereavement services are unique, individualized, and specialized in order to meet the grief support needs of each individual family member.
Bereavement services include a variety of resources and information.
Individual emotional support
Referrals to other community professionals
Our bereavement staff has experience in care giving, loss and grief. We can help make a positive difference in your life with bereavement support tailored to your needs.
Loss & Grief Support Groups
How do we cope with the many losses that occur throughout our lives? Loss of home, independence, familiar faces, Church, possessions, family and friends all affect our bodies, minds and spirits. Healing is facilitated in a supportive environment with others who live, laugh and love, while continuing to heal. Group support helps us recognize feelings and put them in perspective. The experience of sharing with others in a similar situation provides comfort during times of sadness, joy during positive occasions, reassurance about individual grief processes and support though the bereavement journey. The goal of the grief support group is to facilitate healthy coping with grief through honest communication, while creating a supportive environment among group members.
Memory Bears or Memory Pillows
Memory pillows and bears are beautiful keepsakes for spouses, children or grandchildren. Our volunteers just need a sentimental piece of clothing, blanket, table cloth, or any material to create a memory that you will be able to hold onto.
Holiday Support Groups
Held every year during November and December at locations around the city.
Monthly Support Group
- Villa Ventura Independent Living — 12100 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO — 3rd Monday, 6:30 pm
- Crown Care Center — 3001 E. Elm, Harrisonville, MO — 2nd Wednesday, 3:00 pm
- The Fountains at Greenbriar — 2100 Swope Dr., Independence, MO — 1st & 3rd Tuesdays, 2:00 pm
- Noland Road Baptist Church — 4505 S Noland Rd, Independence, MO — 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 6:30 pm
- Meeting in West Wing classroom off of North parking lot.
- Benton House — 2160 SE Blue Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO — 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 1:30 pm
Kansas City, KS
- Presbyterian Manor — 7850 Freeman, Kansas City, KS — 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 5:00 pm
- Located in the chapel.
Please call Grace Hospice to verify meeting dates and times — (816) 444-4611