Our bereavement staff has experience in care giving, loss and grief counseling.
Grace Hospice Bereavement services are unique, individualized, and specialized in order to meet the grief support needs of each individual family member.
Bereavement services include a variety of resources and information.
Individual emotional support
Referrals to other community professionals
Our bereavement staff has experience in care giving, loss and grief. We can help make a positive difference in your life with bereavement support tailored to your needs.
Loss & Grief Support Groups
How do we cope with the many losses that occur throughout our lives? Loss of home, independence, familiar faces, Church, possessions, family and friends all affect our bodies, minds and spirits. Healing is facilitated in a supportive environment with others who live, laugh and love, while continuing to heal. Group support helps us recognize feelings and put them in perspective. The experience of sharing with others in a similar situation provides comfort during times of sadness, joy during positive occasions, reassurance about individual grief processes and support though the bereavement journey. The goal of the grief support group is to facilitate healthy coping with grief through honest communication, while creating a supportive environment among group members.
Memory Bears or Memory Pillows
Memory pillows and bears are beautiful keepsakes for spouses, children or grandchildren. Our volunteers just need a sentimental piece of clothing, blanket, table cloth, or any material to create a memory that you will be able to hold onto.
Holiday Support Groups
Held every year during November and December at locations around the city.
Monthly Support Group
- The Fountains at Greenbriar, 2100 Swope Dr., Independence, MO—1st & 3rd Tuesdays, 2:00 pm
- Presbyterian Manor of Kansas City, 7850 Freeman, Kansas City, KS—2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 6:30 pm
- Villa Ventura Independent Living — 12100 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO—3rd Monday, 6:30 pm
- Garden Valley Manor — 8575 N. Granby Ave, Kansas City, MO—3rd Wednesday, 2:00 pm
- Crown Care Center — 3001 E. Elm, Harrisonville, MO—2nd Tuesday, 6:30 pm
- Englewood Baptist Church — 1900 NE Englewood Rd, Kansas City, MO — 1st & 3rd Thursdays, 2:00 pm
Please call Grace Hospice to verify meeting times/dates (816) 444-4611